Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Quick Update

I went to see the oncologist, yesterday. All of my blood work looks great. He was not a fan of my panic and fear of death. He was also not a fan of the non-existant lights that I see flash across my eyes when I'm trying to sleep.

The Tamoxifen which works to block any rogue estrogen from binding to the estrogen receptors has a side effect of blood clots. He put me back on a low dose of aspirin, which we had previously stopped because of bruising. He also said he would like me to get an MRI of the brain, just to be safe.

"Okay, when would you like me to schedule that?" said I.
"You should get it done tomorrow," said he.
"Oh."

So, that's what I'm doing today ... partly because you don't mess around with the brain and partly because I'm a nut-case. And just for good measure, we're doing an MRI of the chest, too.

I do not like MRIs.
I do not like small areas.
I do not like cages to be placed on my head.

I very much like the sedative Ativan, which I will be ingesting in about two hours.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

jdoughe3 said...

Love and prayers for you today. Enjoy the Atavan.

A