Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Quit

I thank all of you for reading this blog, but, frankly, I'm tired of writing it.  I'm tired of having diseases to report and illnesses to detail.  So, I would like to propose this to be my last post.  Of course, if I have a cancer recurrence, then all blogs and other forums for complaint are up for renewal, but for now they are cancelled.  

Before I leave you, though, I would like to let everyone know that God has seemingly struck me down again.   This time the weapon of choice was a deer tick, which I found and removed on last Saturday.  On Thursday night, I had trouble sleeping, due to the fact that my house was apparently 42 degrees.  It turns out that my internal thermostat gauge was l little off, due to my 102+ degree fever.  When I woke on Friday, the tiny bite mark from the tick, who has aspirations to grow to be the size of a sesame seed, was red and angry looking.  

So, I went in to the doctor ... although, in retrospect should a person with a high grade fever be driving a motorized vehicle?  Probably not.

My doctor told me that I probably had Lyme Disease, but that the blood work would most likely come back negative, as it takes 4to 6 weeks for the body to process a positive result to the titer.  So, by the time I am ready to show a positive result, I will have been on antibiotics for several weeks, thus interfering with the test, anyway.  So, now I'm on a strong and long dose of antibiotics.  I'm also on a crapload of pain meds to reduce the fever that makes me alternately feel the need to sleep under a down blanket with a sweatsuit on and the need to put my head in the freezer to stop the sweating.  

Also, I have a growing "bullseye rash" at the site of the tick bite.

I'm not happy about any of this.

Most specifically, I find it ridiculous that I still have things to report on this blog.  When it started, I was receiving pressure from people at work to create a caring bridge site.  Liz has cancer ... Ooohh!  I thought that everyone could be well served by a cancer blog.  But, I never guessed that my cancer blog would turn into a failed surgery blog ... and then another failed surgery blog ... and then a lupus/arthritis blog ... and then a Lyme Disease blog.

Is it difficult to even believe me?

I'm not making this crap up.  I wish I were.

But, I'm done.  It's time for someone else to take on these fights.

I'm out.

3 comments:

Heather Peterson said...

Okay, first of all, I'm sorry but LYMES DISEASE?

Second of all, I support your decision to quit the blog. Perhaps this is just selfish, since I came home and now I can get the details over drinks and playdate.

Third of all, drinks? Play dates?

Love you,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that my husband also had Lyme disease and the bullseye rash back in the 90's. Getting the drugs early, like you and he did, is the key to a complete recovery.
I know you must feel like you are trying to crawl out of a big medical hole. I wish you luck as you coax your body to heal and get back in balance.
Barb P. (Clio & Eleri's grandma)

Jennifer Glenn said...

you know what - I don't blame you one bit. Instead, I propose that you update us on good stuff. Like times when the doctor has good news. When the cancer is gone after... years. When things are good. When you have a day without any aches and pains. Lets turn this blooooog into a bliiiiing :)