Sunday, April 24, 2011

Back to the O.R.

I haven't talked about it much, but I'm having another surgery on Tuesday.  It is elective.  There has been no more cancer found.  But, I will be going back to the hospital for a procedure meant to correct some of the things that did not turn out aesthetically right the first time around.

Although I have chosen to have this surgery, I am terrified of Tuesday.  As you may recall, I have previously had four surgeries and four times, something went wrong.  (A few of those times, several somethings.)

I worry about:

  • going under general anesthesia
  • getting an infection
  • needing another blood transfusion
  • not healing properly and developing necrotic tissue
  • being in pain
  • being unable to care for myself
  • the results of the surgery being disappointing
  • the surgeon accidentally happening upon another, previously unnoticed, tumor
  • my children 
  • Scott trying to work while caring for an invalid wife
  • depression
There are a lot of thoughts swirling around in my head.  Most of them are not pleasant.  

Please pray that it all goes well.

7 comments:

cathedwards said...

Choose one, oe choose them all...
I love you.
"All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well." Julian of Norwich

"Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing frighten you. Everything passes away except God."
Julian of Norwich

"There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.". Washington Irving

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."

I love that ours is a Tradition of Hope and hope we shall, and love we shall, while knowing that all shall be well.

Love, mom
PS, I cannot get to the top to proof this so....

MaryPat said...

I'll be praying for you and sending positive thoughts your way! ~xoxo

Gina and Tim said...

I know you will be well, and that it will be fine. Think of all the lovely books on tape you can listen to while relaxing with some nice books! :)

jdoughe3 said...

Lots of love and prayers for tomorrow!

Sarah said...

You are on my mind, Liz. Hoping and praying you breeze through this. XOXO

Heather Peterson said...

please keep in mind that I am still around during the day quite a bit, so if Scott needs help "caring for his invalid wife," PLEASE do not hesitate to call. I'm always good for a screening of Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Goonies, Beaches....or I could even dig up some titles that came out in this century.

Or whatever else might sound like fun while you are healing.

Love,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Liz, thinking about you and hoping that all goes well with your surgery.

Tracy