Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Misery

I am unable to get comfortable.

I am unable to sleep ... even with a cocktail of Oxycodone and Ambien.

Strangely, the part of my body causing me the most pain is my back.  There was nothing done to my back today.  My beloved Scott has tried everything.  He has propped my arms and unpropped my arms.  He has tried a heating pad.  He placed a small pillow between my shoulder blades.  He has moved me from the chair to the bed to the couch and then back to the chair and back to the bed.  He even tried lying flat on the floor with his arms in different positions to see if he could make his back hurt, thus pinpointing a cause.  Nothing.

This same thing happened after we came home from mastectomy in that I could control the pain in my chest by holding still, but the way that I held still caused immense discomfort in my shoulders.

It's strange how the body works.

In another hour, I can take more pain meds.  I pray that they buy me a couple hours of rest.

I also pray that part of the problem is the ace bandage tightly wrapped around my torso.  It comes off tomorrow.

So sad.

5 comments:

MaryPat said...

So glad to hear the surgery went well. I hope you were able to get comfortable and finally get some rest last night. Thinking about you today. Let me know if there is anything I can do! ~xoxo

Gina and Tim said...

I'm glad it went well, but I'm sorry you can't sleep. Take your time, and mess up your sleep schedule. :)

jdoughe3 said...

Hope your appointment went well today and that you're feeling more comfortable. Love and prayers.

The Wills Family said...

Sending love and prayers and hoping that things are getting better by the minute.

Crista said...

Not surprising that your back hurts, as you now have muscular boobs, pulled through FROM your back. Will you be able to do push-ups with your boobs once you heal?