Thursday, June 30, 2022

Ask and You Shall Receive

Okay, I'm unsure how this works. I don't think the Prophets, Apostles, Sages, and whoever else helped write the Bible are on the world wide web. But, maybe they are? We can't ask them. Basically, there is no way to know. 

What I am sure of is that last night I posted that my head hurts and that I'm ready for my hair to fall out. Today, it started falling out. A lot. Less than 12 hours later. 

To illustrate, this is my sink after I took to vigorously wiping my head with my hands. Unfortunately, or probably thankfully, those are not ants. They are hundreds, possibly thousands, of my darling hairs. Boo & yay. Sad & happy face emoji.

So, what conclusion can we draw from this rapid turn of events? 

It's simple. God, Jesus, and whichever apostle recorded "ask and you shall receive"
a. know about the internet and 
b. follow my blog. 

I suppose the agnostics among us could claim that Day 8 of Infusion 2 is simply the day my hair called it quits. Sure. That theory certainly has its merits, science being among them.

But I'm clinging to the belief that all the Angels and Saints are up there with my dearly departed getting a heavenly kick out of my writing. It's more fun. 


Also, I'd like to point out that I still have my eyebrows and eyelashes and that I really like them. 

So, if there is some sort of Pearly Blog Gatekeeper, I hereby state my request that they  employ their celestial powers to make my face hairs strong. Make them tenacious enough to withstand the poisoning of Viper (my cancer port). Remember him? 


He's a jerk, but he too has eyelashes and should be able to understand their importance. 

Sorry for the snake photo. Nick, if you don't want to be my brother anymore I understand. 

No comments: