Saturday, June 18, 2022

Style Party

I've been really struggling with what to do about my hair. It's going to fall out. Some might stay in. There will certainly be thinning in parts and patches that are empty. But when will it fall out? No one can tell me. Soon, is the best I've been able to determine. Probably within the week is a likely bet. It will start with hair on my pillow or on my shoulders and then it will start to come out in clumps. I do not support clumps.

The chance that I MIGHT keep SOME of my hair is not a soothing qualifier for me. 

I already have thin hair. I've been told that my situation is called Female Pattern Baldness. Dumb. 

I've been using Rogaine since my 20s and I hate it. It makes my hair crunchy in the morning and it's one more thing that I have to do when I really just want to go to sleep. But, it does help me look like a normal human, which is the whole point. 

Losing even 20% of what I have will basically make me look like a wet chihuahua, but with slightly less chin hair. Not NO chin hair, mind you. I'm not delusional. But certainly less. 

What I wanted to do was to keep my hair as long as I could. AND  I wanted to avoid the clump-scalp evacuation from commencing while I'm washing my hair one morning, getting ready for work. I've heard that this happens to a lot of women. And then you're in the terrible position of determining if you should dry your hair as normal, watching the clumps blow around the bathroom or call in late to work so that you can quickly shave your head. I wanted to be in better control than that. So, I'm bald now. We had fun and made the best of this stupid, shitty situation. 

Oh, also, the next time we use our fire pit we may get complaints from neighbors. It's full of hair and it's going to be SMELLY. 

Anyway, please enjoy this collection of photos documenting the process. I hope they bring some levity to your weekend. 


 

 













17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hair is over rated. Ask Scott. You look great!

Anonymous said...

So you rocked that Mohawk look… It could be your new trend when your hair returns… thinking of you! -Mitz

Anonymous said...

There is not one stage of this process where you don’t look good! (Actually kind of jealous of how good you look with a mohawk). I hope it was as fun as it looked to be. ❤️ Carrie

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful with or without hair. I wish I could’ve helped ) Jimberly

Anonymous said...

You truly are gorgeous. The family involvement was great! I did love the Mohawk tooπŸ’πŸ’‹

Anonymous said...

Agreeing with everyone above! Gorgeous no matter what the hair style. That smile shines through as beautiful as ever. So, maybe don’t start playing hockey in a midlife crisis and you’ll be all set πŸ˜‰

Anonymous said...

Oops, this is Kate 🀦‍♀️

Anonymous said...

The Mohawk is my favorite. I love seeing you smile. And I hope your intrinsic joy and humor scares the f out of cancer. It should be very very afraid. 😘

Anonymous said...

You are both gorgeous and hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Love that the whole family participated! You really do rock the Mohawk look…You look great, hair or not. Thinking of you! Mary Pat

Sue K said...

Well you look darn amazing during every step of that process. You go ahead and rock that head in this cold weather.

Unknown said...

Fantastic, love it!

Anonymous said...

Actually looks awesome — truly. Your smile will always be what everyone sees. Always has been, always will be, and that reveals your indomitable spirit in a way that no chihuahua possibly could. Besides… No clumps, no touch-ups, no hurling of your brush across the room while in the process of Kicking Cancer’s Ass… PLUS the new look had to have come in handy on the past two days in nature’s oven. Just one question: What kind of tip did you leave in light of it being split so many different ways? Perhaps you just leave that to the establishment’s owner. Oh wait, that’s you too! Director of Financial Distribution AND a resilient, remarkable woman. We see your heart all the better without all that hair in the way.

Anonymous said...

Gosh you have a nice head! Way to take the reigns and have everyone rally around for the styling. You’re truly amazing and beautiful and funny, and it’s lovely to see your smile! -Laura

Jamie Walsh said...

I feel like you may have missed your calling as a Mohawk wearer. So this should be considered when your hair returns. It looks like you guys a had the best time you could. I’m glad everyone was there to help you out. Big hugs…

Charlotte said...

You are amazing and this photoshoot is right up there. Gorgeous as always!

Anonymous said...

The leaf blower! You are beautiful and inspiring, Liz. Lots of love from the Imholtes. ❤️