Sunday, June 12, 2022

Bad-Tempered Lethargy

This is not a cheerful post. I usually try to have an amusing attitude towards my health, but I'm too tired.

I had energy and spunk on Thursday. This was me during one of my wandering adventures with the I.V. pole. Fun, right?

Now, though, I just feel blah. It's day 4 of treatment 1 and supposedly, from what we were told in preparation, days 3-7 are the worst. I must say, if this is the worst, I've really lucked out. I haven't thrown up at all. I haven't had any horrible allergic reactions to the drugs. There were no emergency trips to the hospital. I just feel like I have the flu. 

Yesterday, I had an unpleasant headache, but I did talk to the triage nurse and learned which OTC pain relievers are safe for chemo use. It turns out that my migraine pills and Tylenol are both fine to use and I am currently without skull pain. 

Since Friday afternoon, I've had a low-grade fever flirting with but not reaching the 100.4 number that would mean consulting the on-call staff.  Anyone who has had a fever knows that it makes you tired, irritable, and generally not a lot of fun to be around, which is what I expect for myself for the next 3 days.

The nausea has been persistent since yesterday morning. Following directions, I'm eating small meals, trying to have at least a few oyster crackers pretty regularly so that my stomach isn't empty. I'm still keeping food down.

So, all things considered, it could be worse ... but I can think of lots of ways that it could be better. 

2 comments:

Duffy Pearce said...

You're a trooper — and a pretty happy camper even though you're feeling rotten. I admire that (which won't help with any of the symptoms, but still).

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, lots of us channeling good vibes your way!👏🏻👍🏻💪🏻