Saturday, May 8, 2010

I Wish ...

I found an eyelash, just now, and I found myself perplexed. Usually, I wish on eyelashes. I understand that it is a silly superstitious thing to do, but it can't hurt, right?

Anyway, I looked down at the surface of my vanity, and there it was. And do you know what I thought? I thought: "I already have everything I want." Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I know that my daughter has some special plans for me. I'm spending the morning with my wonderful husband and children, going to lunch with my mom and sister, coming home for a nap and then having Sunday dinner. What more could a girl want?

So, I picked up the eyelash and didn't wish for a fancy present. I didn't wish for sunny weather. I didn't even wish away cancer. Instead, I wished that my daughter has a good Mother's Day.

I guess if the happiness of my child trumps everything else, then I'm in a pretty good place.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there. May you find the peace in your lives that I found tonight.

6 comments:

The Dougherty Clan said...

Wow. This was a lovely mother's day present to me - your lovely post gave me a peaceful heart too. Love you.

Colleen said...

Dear Liz,

I enjoyed reading your post! It is very inspiring! You write very well.

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day with your family! Have a happy day!

Blessings,

Colleen Barry

William said...

What a wonderful wish. I couldn't think of anything better. Enjoy your day, you are an inspirational mother.

Love, Jamie

The Wills Family said...

Thanks for sharing that precious gift of peace with the rest of us. Hope it came true and Laila had a wonderful day today. Sounds like you did, too. Love to you both, A

Sarah said...

Beautiful, Liz.

Unknown said...

Hi, Liz,
Besides being a superb mother and person, you are a wonderful writer.
Your details, while not always cheerful ones, are spot on. You have been in my thoughts and prayers, and I am a pretty good listener if you need to vocally rant and rave. Just call.

Peace,
Maureen O'Connor