Monday, May 3, 2010

Return to the Routine

I'm going to work today. I've only been to work three days since February 12th. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't fall asleep on my keyboard.

And you'd better cross them with authority, because fatigue creeps up on me with the subtlety of a lion attack. Yesterday, for example, we had Owen's birthday party. By 8:15, I was slumped over in a chair drooling while he was still making towers with his new puzzle blocks. He's three.

I guess that's what happens when you plan a party ... and then nap while everyone else cooks and decorates. Sigh.

I'm tired of being Cancer-Liz.

6 comments:

Crista said...

I get to see Liz today - wahoo! :-)

MaryPat said...

Good luck today. Maybe being at work will give you other things to think about for a while...You are in my thoughts.

The Wills Family said...

Happy Monday. I have a feeling that napping at your keyboard might be perfectly acceptable behavior today. Congrats on your return. Good luck. Love, A

Heather Peterson said...

you might find that it feels good to "normalize" a bit, but please take it slow!

Renee Miller said...

You are not Cancer-Liz. You are Liz: Now Cancer-Free!

I love you, and I hope your day goes great. Make sure you force everyone to come to YOU, okay?

Sarah said...

Welcome back, Liz. Hope your re-entry is challenging, but in a good way. Hugs.