Sunday, July 4, 2010

Courage, Strength & Victory

My very talented friend, Andrew D. Huber, wrote this song for me. I guess I'm a little biased, but I think it is the greatest song EVER!

Scott, does not share this bias, having never met Andy (and never having a crush on him as a teenager), but he was impressed enough to be pleased that Andy is happily married and living in another state.

I suggest that you get a couple of kleenex before you hit "play."


Thank you to Andy for this incredible gift.

Thank you to Nate for helping me make it into a video.

Than you to Scott for continually being my rock when all I want to do is crumple up and cry.

Thank you to all of you for supporting me in this quiet war.

10 comments:

Andy - Becky Carlson said...

Occasionally there are moments when silence expresses more than words for the deep appreciation and agreement for what was been shared in mutual agreement..and honest friendship -Amen.......Thank you...

Alicia said...

Wow. That might actually be the best song in the world... you are right. What a gift. Thank you for sharing that, as well as the video. Go, girl!

Sarah said...

Beautiful. The song, the video, and the woman.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. What an incredible gift for you and for all of us to share.
Terry Guindon

jdoughe3 said...

Seriously, this was AMAZINGLY cool. So glad that you are going to the Loft. It's a great place - if you run into either of the McPhersons (Heather or Edward) say hi for me. I am so very proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Amazing song for an amazing girl.... wonderful!
Alix Crepeau

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen said...

An extraordinary song and video. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. You are truly a woman who has shown courage, strength and victory every day. God Bless you, Liz.

Blessings ~ Colleen Barry

Nate said...

The photos you added definitely have a bit more impact than whatever static image I had opted to use as a demo.

I'd congratulate you on not being as lazy as I am, but I'm pretty sure we all knew about that a long time ago.
-Nate

MaryPat said...

I'm speechless...What a beautiful song and video. I know it has been said over and over (even by me several times), but the strength, courage and grace that you have shown throughout this entire journey continues to amaze me. I should have listened to you when you said to grab some kleenex. Had I done that, I might have gotten the clue to check this out at home and avoid being caught crying by my coworkers!