Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Sympathize

You know that song "Wonderful," by Everclear?

The lyrics say:

"Some days I hate everything.
I hate everything.
Everyone and Everything."

I feel like that. It may have something to do with the fact that:
  • Owen didn't bother to sleep last night
  • And Scott is out of town
  • And I didn't have time to do the laundry
  • And I didn't have time to write my 15 pages for my class tonight
  • And I'm waiting for news from my doctor who last week told me that I "haven't been happy with anything that he has done since the beginning"
  • And my pants are tight
  • And I have persistently swollen glands that I have been told "not to worry about, because they probably aren't a big deal"
  • And I woke up at 2:00 last night and then had to stand in front of the fan and go to the kitchen for an icepack so that I could fall back asleep
  • And Laila spent the entire morning drive screaming, because I "don't know anything"
  • And I'm at work on my day off to make up for going on vacation last week
  • And I had some caffeine to help me cope with all of the above
  • And my office computer is in a state of interminable sluggishness
I hate everyone and everything.

6 comments:

Jennifer Glenn said...

Sounds like you need to put on a little classical music, take a nice bubble bath, and a have glass of your favorite wine. I bet that will at least help :)
-Jen

Heather Peterson said...

I have to say, I can relate (and I don't have cancer, or hot flashes, or a traveling husband.) I'm still trying to figure out why I've been so angry this past year when I have actually had quite a lot of good fortune, and I don't have an answer. If you come up with anything, will you let me know?

love you,
H

The Wills Family said...

I vote that you break some boards and then we go out for cocktails and b**ch. Jack, on the other hand, recommends to anyone who is crying or screaming (which could really be any of us at this household at any given moment) that we "calm down, deep breafs." I find it usually doesn't work. love you.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is....hang in there....you can do this.
Patty

cathedwards said...

I think we need less work, less indoors and more vacation.How many mornings, evenings, out to the grocery storeings do we spend during the winter dreaming of sitting on that snow covered lawn chair or smelling that ice burg of a garden.
It is summer damnit, we need long days, lots of playing and naps in the sun.
Sorry you are feeling crabby,glad I'm not...
Love, mom

Colleen said...

Sorry to see you are feeling down. All I can say is "Just keep swimming." :)
I think about you often and pray you feel healthy and strong. Blessings and love to you, Liz!

~ Colleen Barry