Friday, July 2, 2010

Sooo...

Apparently I got bit by something.

And it wasn't even a vampire. (But I did go see Eclipse, today. Go, Jacob!)

Anyway, I noticed this strange mark on my arm two days ago. Being the hypochondriac that I am, I called the doctor. I spoke to the nurse and told her that I have a very odd bite on my arm. I described it in detail. I said that it is three inches long and shaped like an "s." When she didn't seem impressed, I told her that I am in a compromised health situation, due to the fact that I am recovering from cancer. She said that she would check with the doctor and call me back.

Two hours later, she called and said the following: "Doctor says it sounds kind of bizarre, but that she isn't worried about it. Just keep an eye on it."

Right.

It's shaped like an "s." It looks like a parasite bit me and is travelling along my vein. No big deal. So, today, I called back and said that I would just feel better if someone looked at it.

Upon seeing my disfigured arm, my doctor uttered the following words: "Woah. I'm glad you came in. That looks like a tick bite. We'd better put you on some antibiotics. It might be Lyme's disease."

Awesome. I could have told you that. In fact, I think I did ... yesterday. Once again, I have taken my medical well being out of the hands of the professionals and taken charge, myself.

"Just wait a few days and keep an eye on it?!" Don't we pay these people a LOT of money?

Ughhh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and we were the ones in the woods at the lake....
your perseverance with the medical establishment is admirable.
Go Liz.....
Martha

Darrell said...

Its not an "S" - its a "Z" and it sign that you are going to sell a ZILLION books - so get writting!

Pop - One of the Zillions of people that Love You

Andy - Becky Carlson said...

After the book you could afford medical school....

Sarah said...

Are you kidding me? If it's not one thing, it's another.

Love you, Liz.