Monday, March 1, 2010

Goodbye, Stupid Drains!

Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!


My drains are out! My drains are out!

No more tubes. No more feed bags. No more bulbs. I hated them ... and they're finally gone! For the last two weeks, I have had tubes sticking out of the sides of my body to drain off excess fluid in the surgery sites. As a result, I have been sleeping flat on my back, a position of which I'm not particularly fond. A few times a day, Scott had to empty the drains, by pulling on the tubes and dumping the contents that collected at in the bulbs. I was also not fond of that process. I think that my good friend, Sarah, described it best when she simply said: "blech." Yes, blech. That about sums up the whole thing.

As a combination of the momentous day and the fact that the kids were here this weekend, my spirits are a bit lighter than they were the last time I posted. Our children are wonderful people ... and so is my plastic surgeon for pulling those gross tubes out of me.

Yeah for today!

10 comments:

jdoughe3 said...

Happy news! Yippee! Your children are wonderful people and so are you!

Lots of Love,
The Dougherty Clan

Charlotte said...

I am so happy for you!

Thinking of you lots-

CCleveland

The Wills Family said...

Yipee, yippee - wonderful news indeed! Who knew that just having the option of sleeping on your side could be so wonderful! Glad to hear the lighter tone. Here's praying that your recovery continues on that path. We love you.

A and clan

Alicia said...

What a great picture... the smile, anyway! (o: Congrats on the progress!

Heidi Losleben said...

Yay! So happy for you. You're amazing Liz.

Heather Peterson said...

Fabulous news!

Andy - Becky Carlson said...

Another day, Another smile.... yeaaaa

Margaret said...

I was just starting to get used to the drains. They were pretty unique. Also they made you look like a Z-Bot, which was cool. However, I suppose that this is progress and I should be happy for you. I am. Sigh.

Jennifer Glenn said...

That's great Liz! Thanks for the update.

Sarah said...

Congratulations, my friend. What a relief to have those gone, huh (for you and for Scott!)?

Now the only thing that will make this week better is the delicious tater tot hotdish that is in your future, courtesy of Men's Book Club. You lucky duck.

Love you!