Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm Self-Medicating

Well, not really "self." Scott just brought me a beer, to try to cheer me up.

I just spoke with my surgeon ... on a Saturday. Things do not look good with the surgery. It's possible that the nipple reconstruction did not take.


What he said was: "Well, that doesn't sound good. But, if the tissue is dying, there is nothing that we can do to correct it. And it isn't the kind of thing that we can do twice. So, we'll just have to see."


So, although I feel kind of weird saying it and I'm a little bit afraid that it may be totally sacrilegious, I'm still going to ask ...

Please pray for my nipples.

7 comments:

The Wills Family said...

I don't feel badly a single little bit. I'll pray for your nipples. I'll even say an extra hail Mary. Want me to have Uncle Nate offer up a mass for them tommorrow morning? I could write the special intention in everything. Love you,

A

Anonymous said...

not really cpt....
but from me prayers, love and healing energy
deep breathe.....ahhhhhhhhhh
and hope
Marth

Heather Peterson said...

nipples,nipples,nipples, nipples. did you ever think we would all use the word so often, and publicly?

Thinking of and hoping for your nipples.

xo
Heather

MaryPat said...

I am praying for your nipples. Hang in there...

~mp

jdoughe3 said...

I am so sorry, Liz. You're still always in our prayers - any kind of healing needed.

Lots of Love,
Annie

Colleen said...

Hi Liz ~

It was so nice to see you and the family at Ava's First Communion.

Your children look just like you and Scott! They are adorable.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,

Colleen Barry

Aunt Dar P said...

We always have you in our prayers Honey, along with your family. What the heck, praying for your nipples sounds just fine to me. Just be sure to report back to us in your own "perky" way! We love you, Aunt Dar and Uncle Jerry