Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Silver Linings - A Series on Cancer Optimism

Number Three

The doctors have told me that I should keep my scars out of the sun for a year ... or better yet, two. I have scars on my chest, my back, my sides and my stomach. So, congratulations to all of you summer lovers out there. I will not be out celebrating the season in my bikini.

I see this silver lining as twofold.

One, I get to buy a new bathing suit. Two, you don't have to be subjected to the increasing bulge that used to be my stomach before I indulged in two months of gluttony and lethargy.

Everybody wins.

4 comments:

Darrell said...

You can wear your new suit pretty much 12 months a year here in Florida, as opposed to the 12 days you might get to wear it in Minnesota. And I have heard that walking on Florida beaches battles the results of gluttony and lethargy better than anywhere else. So get on the next plane out - and bring the kids please.

Pop

Renee Miller said...

I'm with Darrell ^^^ only he left out the very important part about bringing me.

The Wills Family said...

If you're going to wear a one piece, just make sure you get a scoop neck or something to show off the new goods. Can't let those babies go to waste.

Unknown said...

Well, I can't say I have a funny Easter story, but it's ALMOST worse than yours. Sat night I was at my parents very late so decided to sleep over there, had a lovely Easter brunch that morning. Then, I went home to find that someone broke into my house and stole all my jewelry, TV, camera, DVD player, coins, etc. tearing apart my entire upstairs. Haven't been able to be in my house by myself since. Good side to that: lots of friends are hanging out with me every night!

I feel your pain not being able to wash your hair. After hurting my shoulder 2 years ago, I still can't do much with my hair. I attempted a french twist this morning, but failed miserably since I couldn't put the bobby pin in with left hand and could actually only hold my left arm up there for about 15 seconds! My best recommendation to you: learn to have people serve you! And, go to the salon to have them wash and style your hair:)

Hope you recover quickly! Be patient with yourself.
Love and prayers:)