Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Slice Day - Again

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

If you are my brother ... or my boss's husband ... or pretty much any male, I would advise you to skip this post.

I am going to go under the knife again, tomorrow.

Did you listen? Pete? Nick? You're not reading this, are you?

Okay, then. I'm having nipple re-construction. Sounds fun, right? In case you didn't know, I don't have any nipples, right now. They had to take them out, in case they harbored any cancerous cells. Apparently, that's the king of thing that nipples are known to do.

Anyway, tomorrow, my plastic surgeon will cut into the newly healed breast tissue to recreate them. Then, in three months, I can go back in and get them tattooed, so that they look a little more normal. He claims that these procedures are not painful. We'll see.

The skin in question has been transported from my back and all of the nerve endings were destroyed. They call this "insensate." If you want to look it up, you will find that my nipples: "have no sensation, consciousness or sense." They are "foolish."

Yes. Well, be that as it may, I'm still not super excited about it. It sounds like they will be molding me like I am made out of Play-doh.


8 comments:

Crista said...

Maybe you are Gumby, or Stretch Armstrong, or an anatomically correct Mrs. Potato Head.

William said...

So do you get to decide how perky you want to be?

Heather Peterson said...

Painful or no, desired or not, I'm sure another procedure doesn't sound like the best thing ever. Hoping that all goes smoothly and it is a (relative) breeze.

xo
Heather

Jennifer Glenn said...

yes - on the bright side, you can custom make the girls just as you would like. Maybe Jenna Jameson them a bit :) Hope all goes well!

-Jen

The Wills Family said...

Thinking of you today. Love, A

Barrysuper6 said...

We are praying that you have a pain-free day
Hugs,
Marlena

Sarah said...

Me too, Liz - been thinking about you all day.

jdoughe3 said...

Now you can fulfill your dream of a nipple ring without the pain! I'm going to get you a Harley hat because now you are a legitimate badass.

Lots of love to you today!
A