Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's About Time

I figured that it's about time that I write a new post, lest you all start referring to me as "that girl who used to blog but then got too lazy."

But the thing is, I'm tired. I've been up for almost five hours in a row. Five hours! You're lucky that I'm even forming coherent sentences.

I'm home. I busted out of the hospital yesterday, mostly because the mattress and the leg pressure cuffs made me disgustingly hot. (And I don't mean good looking.) I just couldn't stand to be there, anymore. So, now I'm here.

The pain is manageable. In comparison to my first surgery (surge), this is a piece of cake. My abdomen is in a fair amount of discomfort, but I can wash my own hair and get out of bed without enlisting the help of anyone. So, that's pretty good. I suppose that if you were to just go in for a hysterectomy, it would seem like a pretty big deal. But, if you've recently had your back redirected to your front, pulling out a few organs that you aren't allowed to use, anyway, seems relatively minor.

Okay, well, enough of this awake nonsense.

Thanks for your prayers.

Liz

4 comments:

Heather Peterson said...

oh, honey.
Glad you're home, and glad to hear from you.
Sorry to hear all is not awesome (though,of course, I knew that anyway,)
Love you.
Heather

William said...

Good job Liz. Now take that nap! Continue to rest and feel well. Hugs to you. Jamie

Heidi Losleben said...

Happy to hear you're home and your sense of humor is intact. Rest up and take care of yourself

The Wills Family said...

You're still tough and tenacious; don't let the fatigue (or boredom) fool you. Glad to hear you busted out of that joint (and that you're washing your hair). Enjoy Easter with the fam. Love you lots.

A