Monday, April 5, 2010

A Mixed Report

Bad News-
This morning, in an attempt to make myself useful around the house, I unloaded the dishwasher. Scott told me not to, but there was a dirty knife on the counter just begging to be cleaned and I certainly wasn't going to do it BY HAND! Anyway, I injured myself ... not from the knife, but from the stretching and lifting. Now, I can't raise my left arm up to my head. This, as we know, is much better than a month ago, when I wasn't allowed to use either arm. But, it still makes washing one's hair a more challenging experience. I suspect that my high and mighty refusal to take pain meds may have come to an end.

Good News-
My ob/gyn (who now is just my gyn, since I will no longer have any needs for his ob services) called this morning. He gave me the wonderful information that my ovaries, uterus and cervix passed all tests laid before them by the pathology team. Was that a bit too cryptic for you?

All is benign!

ALSO, he asked me if I've been keeping cool (referring, of course, to hot flashes.) I told him that, with the exception of some sadness, I haven't noticed any menopause symptoms. He said that if I wasn't experiencing them, yet, then chances are good that I won't have too many. So, keep your fingers crossed for that. I would do it, myself, but I plan to spend the afternoon in a lovely narcotic induced state of slumber.

7 comments:

MaryPat said...

I'm sorry you are hurting, but YAY!! Suck it, Cancer!! Enjoy the drugs...

xoxo ~mp

Heather Peterson said...

GREAT news! so glad to hear it.
(except the whole dishwasher situation- I hope you have learned your lesson and will refrain from being too useful for a while)

Heidi Losleben said...

Just say "yes" to pain meds. And naps.
So happy to hear your wonderful test results.

Darrell said...

Hopefully, the only Hot Flashes will be when you are lounging in the sun - by the way, there are some great lounge chairs waiting for you in Florida.

Pop

Sarah said...

Sucktastic news about the pain (I'm never gonna stop using that word - it is SO choice), but great news about the test results! Great news wins out over sucktastic news any day. Suck it, cancer.

jdoughe3 said...

Wait...back up. Scott was correct? Did you actually just reference an instance when Scott was right?

We should break out the fireworks, Scott ain't right too often.

The Wills Family said...

I think you're pretty fun on narcotics...good to see you.

A