Monday, April 26, 2010

Things I Learned Today

1. The Pap Smear that they did before my hysterectomy came back today. (I have no reason why it took so long.) It showed abnormal cells. I'm not sure what to make of this information, since I already had my cervix removed, but there it is.

2. If your chest looks like it has two blackberries on it, that is bad. If it looks like it has two pieces of beef jerky on it, that is worse.

This is information I learned from my doctor. I thought it might be of general interest.

Be advised.

4 comments:

sacredawareness said...

Thanks for sharing what you learned. Today I learned that just when you think a co-worker's daughter cannot possibly go through anything else, there she goes. I am making a music mix for you and Scott. (Yes, I'm a child of the 80s.) I hope that it can bring some hope. Do you like the Indigo Girls?

Peace+
Kelli

jdoughe3 said...

What is it with doctors and food analogies? Sarah's doctor once referred to her tumor as the size of a roast.

Here's to nipples that look nothing like fruit, jerky or anything else but nipples.

You're 100% beautiful.

Lots of love,

Annie

Sarah said...

Oh my friend, the hits just keep on coming. Seriously.

You are on my mind every single day. Are you interested in lunch on Tuesday?

Gina and Tim said...

At least they didn't tell you that you look similar to a stuffed sausage. Or chicken kiev. Because really, beef jerky is pretty lean and muscle-y. Chicken kiev is filled with hot liquid - and that's probably bad. Stuffed sausage? That just goes without saying...